Tuesday 27 January 2015

Visiting Season

My first visitors have been and gone and with them I think they took a piece of me. 

It was the most glorious week showing three of my bestest friends around this chaotic and shiny city that I call home. And although I was working for a lot of the time, we soaked up the hours we had together and made some amazing memories along the way. 

Drifting down the marina and out into the ocean with these ladies was a pretty lovely way to spend a Thursday evening and reliving our university days, tearing up the dancefloor, allbeit in a slightly different setting that back in England, was just what I needed. 

We explored the mall, wowed at the Dubai fountains, stood in awe of the views Dubai has to offer, visited the Ripe Market, soaked up the sun and wandered round the Al Qasr hotel. I think it is safe to say the ladies enjoyed pretty much every minute of their short trip.

As much as I loved having them here, the problem with visitors is just that, they visit. And when they leave they take a little piece of you with them and all those feelings of home and thats when the stark light of expat life falls over you. It's those few moments post departure that hurt the most but it is the sacrifice we make as expats I guess. 

At least we have the memories. And the photographs. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!