Sunday 18 January 2015

Eggspectation, JBR

Eggspectation on the walk in JBR is quite possibly my new favourite place for breakfast. A sweeping statement I know since we all know how loyal and loving I am of the breakfast options at the Dubai Marina Yacht Club. However it's nice to have a change of scenery right and the gazillion of egg options doesn't hurt either.




Eggspectation has a great interior with chunky wooden tables and cosy little booths. Just the two of us, we had a relatively tiny table but I spied a huge table to seat about 8 which I would have like to called home with my eggs and coffee and a laptop in one of those romantic dreams in which I spend my days writing my book. Anyway back to reality.

The eggs were delicious. I had a smoked salmon benny and my eating partner in crime went for the lobster version. Perfectly cooked eggs with a delicious hollandaise and a whole heap of fresh fruit on the side which was a nice change from the usual grilled tomato or something equally generic.

Considering it was packed at 10am on a Saturday morning the service was pretty swift and no one asked us to give up our table even after over 2 hours and just 2 humble plates of eggs later.

Plus it has a nice little terrace that overlooks the beach if you want your breakfast alfresco. All in all I was very impressed with Eggspectation. And despite what the name may suggest they have a whole menu for lunch and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!