Monday 27 October 2014

Revisited: The Scene, Pier 7, Dubai Marina

I was lucky enough to experience The Scene, in Pier 7, Dubai Marina, before most, being invited along to the menu tasting by a very kind friend who clearly knows food is the way to my heart. We were thoroughly impressed with the food and the atmosphere then,  so I have been wanting to go back for a while. 



On Friday night we joined a friend and her family for dinner and the food was just as good as I remembered it! Although the service wasn't. Given the fact that it was a dry night last night (alcohol free night everywhere due to religious holidays) and the place was two thirds empty I was a little disappointed at the slow service and the time if took for our food to arrive. 

Negatives aside The Scene definitely provides that classic gastropub English style food we all know and miss as expats from England! We had a mixture of starters to share and followed that with a variety of main dishes including the burger, the shepherds pie, lamb hotspot, classic fish and chips and sausage and mash. They have learnt from their mistakes during then menu tasting when they neglected to ask how we wanted the burger cooked, a big deal for the meat loving boyfriend who is quite specific about his Beef. I had veggie sausages and mash because I just wasn't in a meat mood and they were seriously delicious served with a creamy mustard mash. 






Our plates were wiped clean by the end which shows exactly what we thought of the food. Obviously I left room for desert... It's the best bit after all! 

The boyfriend declined to share with me but as soon as he saw the chocolate fondant pot with peanut butter and salted caramel ice cream land on our table in front of me he was regretting his choic and swiftly stole my spoon. That desert was the single best thing I have eaten all week. But I am a sucked for chocolate, peanut butter and salted caramel. 




To washed it all down with a delicious mocktails called berry sling. I had tasted this as the menu tasting since they didn't have a liquor license yet so thought it was a safe option last night. I have heard great things about their cocktails too so that seems like a good excuse for another trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!