Tuesday 5 August 2014

Dubai Apartment Tour

The problem with expat life is the moving; packing things, detoxing your possessions and ridding your wardrobe of those questionable, maybe I will wear it one day items. It is therapeutic and stressful all at the same time. 

And with every knew country comes the renewed challenge of settling in and making home feel like home. 

I moved to Dubai with just two suitcases of clothes, two fictional books, one fashion book, one decorative item and some prints and photographs. And arriving in an apartment I didn't pick, let alone see, was a little weird. It took a while to unpack and feel like this was my new home. A few Ikea trips, some organising, hammering and tweaking later, our new home is starting to feel fuller but not cluttered and has effortlessly become a nice mix of his and hers. 

Take a sneaky peak. Go on, it's fun to be nosey. 

high in the sky, our buildings from the pool terrace

sunshine through the window

coordinating my cushions - never usually this neat


the frame wall is taking shape

souvenirs

herbs, nuts, fruit - OCD about storage?

neutral - must sneak more feminine touches in

proper full length mirror at long last!

we like stripes and grey

pool terrace


2 comments:

  1. I love how organized you are in your kitchen. I wish I was like that. Something I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a little bit of an obsession with organisation Kayleigh. I can't handle a messy kitchen and I need to have everything in its place.

      Delete

comments are greatly appreciated!!