Monday 9 June 2014

Beauty: Loreal Skin Perfection Purifying Micellar Water

I mix and match my skincare but Loreal isn't a brand I have much experience with. Until now. The Loreal Skin Perfection Purifying Micellar Water was on offer in Boots a few weeks ago and my current Nivea cleanser was nearing the end of it's life, so it seemed like the perfect time to give it a try. 

After using the Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution and being wowed by its gentle but effective cleansing properties, I was a bit dubious about trying the new wave of Micellar waters that have emerged onto the high street shelves recently. The Bioderma is a great product, however the higher price tag and the poor availability of the product in London meant I didn't repurchase it. 

The Loreal Micellar is an affordable price at £4.99 and it has had great reviews within the beauty industry and from beauty bloggers alike, plus the fact that you can pop into Boots or the supermarket and pick it up made it a must try for me. 


The water is light and doesn't have any overpowering smell, something I hate in face cleansers. It is gentle, but I noticed that there were occasions where I had stingy eyes. I am not sure if this is because of the sensitive skin I have at the moment, or a little too much product on the cotton wool which flooded my eyes. However I was really impressed with the effectiveness of the water; it is a light liquid that seems to effortlessly remove mascara and all traces of make up, leaving my face feeling squeaky clean. 

After a month of use, the stinging eyes have subsided and the water is living up to it's expectations. Next on my list though is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing water which will be trialled as soon as the Loreal runs out. Let me know what you thought about the Loreal Skin Perfection Purifying Micellar Water and other suggestions for cleansing waters that give Bioderma a run for their money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!