Monday 10 February 2014

nothing great comes easy



I am not shy of hard work. But sometimes life is really hard work! 

I feel like I must have been really bad in a previous life because lady luck is not on my side and never has been really. The boyfriend feels the same so maybe we are both bringing our bad luck to the equation.

Anyway. The point is, we are making some pretty exciting plans at the moment which will actually involve us living in the same country and seeing each other for more than 4 weeks a year. Yep in the past year, I have had just 4 weeks with the boyfriend. Which sucks when you put the words on paper. And since I have been such a patient soul, I wish my luck was just a little better. Is that too much to ask?

Well the point is, as we make plans I feel like we come up against one wall after another. This isn't meant to be one of those oh-my-life-is-so-tiresome posts, because in all honesty we have had some amazing opportunities and have worked hard at every turn to ensure we make the best of each situation. I guess these trials and tribulations are part and parcel of a international life. If we want to move, travel, experience different countries and cultures, there is bound to be some pretty big barriers to break down right.

A mammoth task is ahead of us and international moving is never easy, but seriously, the obstacle course the universe is throwing at us is rather unnecessary. And that's before we even factor in relocating our little lady. Precious and slightly high maintenance cargo that she is, has really thrown a spanner in the works and will inevitably leave a large dent the bank balance, a lot more than anticipated but there is absolutely no question of her being left out of any plans.

Anyone who has a pooch will echo my sentiments I am sure. She is part of the family and where the family goes, she goes (but boy oh boy would expat life be simpler without her....ssssssssh.....I didn't say that). 

All of this basically comes down to one thing. The Cyprus chapter of my life will soon come to an end.....for now. We will surely return one day, but at the moment those days are far into the future. And in amongst all the plans there is some really important things to consider.

Like redesigning the blog for one! Priorities. Priorities. 

6 comments:

  1. Well it'd def is true nothing worth having comes easily. I feel ya on the dog - I have 2 and they are spoiled family members. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True too Tiffany. It's all about hard work a big rewards. The dogs are a bit of a blip in the plan. But I would never even think of leaving my pooch behind. Whatever it costs she is coming along for the adventure, they really do become part of the family right!?

      Delete
  2. Where are you going next?? International moves are trying at best. Good luck with all of the decisions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you. Exact plans and locations are still under wraps. Not quite ready to shout about it in case I jinx it! :)

      Delete
  3. I am so excited for you. Looks like you are finally getting what you wished for. I agree with the obstacles being in the way thing. Us moving once again has not been the smoothest transition and looking for a job has been the bain of my existence. I hope everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayleigh I am also super excited for fresh starts and changes. Oh I hate looking for a job after moving. It always feels like such an uphill battle. How's it all going for you?

      Delete

comments are greatly appreciated!!