Tuesday 10 September 2013

Turning points

We are into the swing of a new Blogtember week. And today its time to describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.

There are many thing's I could ramble on about now, all of which I am sure I have talked about before and therefore I am probably going to bore some of you.

But I think one of the most distinctive moments that turned everything around was making the decision to leave England. That moment scared and excited me all in one go. It showed me I had more courage and guts than I knew I had. And I realised I had a confidence that was lurking there somewhere just waiting to come out. 

That decision allowed me to break free from the monotonous everyday of the life I had in London and although you end up in a work/life routine whichever country you live in, that small step made a huge difference to my quality of life. 

Cyprus has given me a healthier and safer life; that small but scary decision has given me a whole host of opportunities and experiences that inevitably changed me as a person and allowed my character to develop in ways I didn't know possible. 

Sometimes I think we have to force ourselves to turn a corner and those distinct moments will become memories. The sort of memories you tell you grandchildren! 


3 comments:

  1. What a brave decision! I'm so glad that you have had such a positive experience so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Megan for stopping by. It was a big decision but one that has worked out well so far. I think you always need to push yourself out of your comfort zone sometimes for great things to happen! :)

      Delete
  2. That's exactly where I am at the moment! Should we? Shouldn't we? Children both flown the nest, no grandchildren yet. Bored with the rat race and the weather here in the UK. I feel your comments have made me realise life is for living and you need to have the confidence to try change. Thank you. Wendy

    ReplyDelete

comments are greatly appreciated!!