Thursday 29 August 2013

H is for Humidity (and High Maintenance)

The end of August is turning out to be pretty humid. 

It wasn't that hot and then suddenly the humidity came along and the air was damp and my hair was frizzy. Humidity is a funny old thing; I constantly feel sweaty and slow. And my four-legged friend is also suffering. Well she does have a fur coat to contend with. 



I never really noticed how much the climate affects your functions before. I think living in London for 22 years of my life almost desensitized me to the impact of anything but rain. Yeh the cold in London can get a bit much when your waiting for a bus and your knees are knocking together. But I got used to it. 

I wonder how many expat years it will take before my body cruises through the humidity phase of summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!