Thursday 16 May 2013

blog everyday in May: my lot in life

My lot in life. Hmmm where to start. 

It is actually one of the harder topics I have come across since we started the blog everyday in May challenge. 

I think the main think I struggle with on a daily basis is making decisions on my own. Let me elaborate. 

Growing up I didn't have my mum and as a girl, there are certain milestones in your life where your mothers advice, guidance and support are kind of essential. Even now, as a young women I have so many questions that continue to go unanswered and in the future there will definitely be steep learning curves as I battle my way through without those words of wisdom every mum can provide. 

Don't get me wrong, I have some amazing women in my life who are perfectly adept at guiding me through the pitfalls of life as a women. 

But I guess more so as an adult, I think about all the situations that will be missing an important person and thats a difficult demon to overcome. 

3 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog and love it - especially that you're in Cyprus. And I'm sorry you didn't have your mother growing up. Even at my age - I cannot imagine my life without my mother [looking forward to reading about Cyprus here!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand this. It is hard, but I too have these amazing women that you spoke of. They aren't my mom, for sure, but they do help fill the gap. I hope this demon is one that you can overcome fully, someday. Myself too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS- just started following you on BlogLovin' :)

      Delete

comments are greatly appreciated!!