Friday 10 May 2013

blog everyday in May - most embarrassing moment

I get embarrassed easily.

The boyfriend will testify to that. Usually it is his sole aim on any public outing to see how he can embarrass me, mainly for his own amusement. 

Since we moved to Cyprus though, my embarassment tolerance seems to have increased, which I whole heartedly put down to the fact that I know a handful of people on the island and I will always be the crazy English girl anyway. 

However, my most embarrassing moment is one that happened here.

It was last year, in June I think. It was hot hot hot and my time of the month. Unfortunately, my body seemed object to what was going on and decided to act out.

I felt the colour drain from my face and had that oh my god im going to be sick moment as I ran to the toilet. But that wasn't the worst of it.

My body seemed to stop working as I later found out my iron levels had dropped way down, and my limbs just wouldn't move. My manager preceded to feed me candy as I lay on the floor of her office. 

Next stop was the sofa upstairs, which just so happened to be in the managing directors office. Luckily he wasn't there. But said limbs refused to moved and so I was wheeled into the lift on one of those office chairs and once upstairs, out the other end before flopping on the sofa. 

Bare in mind that our offices are open plan. 

*red face*

In pretty much the worst pain I have ever experience in my life, I rolled around on the sofa for a while, flashing my underwear to anyone in the room. June in Cyprus is skirt weather and unfortunate choice for this particular day. 

And if that wasn't enough, it was decided I needed to go to the emergency room, in the back of a colleagues car, where my boyfriend met me and loudly exclaimed in front of my manager, "this is a lot of effort to go to get out of working today". 

I think I will forever be the crazy English girl. No surprise really. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!