Sunday 11 November 2012

2 years: the Girls


When you move to a different country you don't know what will happen. Sure you can plan, organise and schedule as much as you like, but when it comes to the little things like finding happiness and friends, it kinda falls to fate. 


Fate must have been on my side when I moved to Cyprus, because somehow I have ended up with the best group of girlfriends I could have ever hoped to find. They will mock me endlessly for this because the nature of our friendship is to wind each other up, usually until we scream with laughter. 

Developing friendships, especially through work can be difficult, but we all have a sense of humour, love for chocolate biscuits and need for shopping. Ok so the chocolate biscuit thing sometimes becomes an issue when they bring up the dreaded "c" word; (thats calories in case you didnt work it out) in fact it is the only time I think maybe our friendship couldnt work. 

Joking aside, I am not sure what I would do without these girls to see me through the homesickness and heat that come as part and parcel of island life. And when one of your friends happens to be the walking, talking version of the time out guide for Cyprus, you quickly settle. 

Now to see them in all their glory (the bit they will have been dreading)



 




No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!