Tuesday 2 October 2012

summer essentials

Summer is possibly my favourite time of the year. I am one of those people that suffers from SAD (seasonal affective disorder) - although I am self diagnosed - and the seemingly never-ending summer months of Cyprus make me very happy indeed. With that being said, it is so important to have good beauty products to utilise for those hot and sweat months that cover about 75% of the year. 

With a second Cypriot summer under my belt, I have located, tried and tested and found my favourite products to see me through. 

Gosh nail varnish in Silk is the perfect nude/pink shade. Gosh is a brand I never really tried before but I have fallen in love with their varnishes for their consistency, the brush and the colour palette. This nude varnish looks perfect on tanned hands and feet. 

MOA the green balm is one of those multi purpose salves that is a handbag essential. It is 100% natural and packed with all sorts of goodies. Not just that its uses are simple endless; dry skin, bites, burns, lip balm, cuticle cream, after shave balm, the list goes on and on. But you can find more info http://www.thegreenbalm.com/. Needless to say it has become my go to for everything and anything.

 Rimmel Sun Shimmer Bronzer in Medium Matt is my favourite budget bronzer. Its cheap and cheerful, has just the right tone; not too orange and no shimmer, a real sticking point for me. When I cant get my hands on my beloved Benefit Hoola, this is the next best thing. 

I hate dry and cracked summer lips; cue Piz Buin 30 spf Sun Lipstick. When you spend endless weekend as the beach, walk to work every morning and walk the dog on a regular basis, its easy for your face to bare the brunt of the sunshine. This has great protection and a super creamy feeling so lips feel soft and moisturised all day long. 

 When it comes to my hair im kinda naughty. Beach time its thrown up in a ponytail and the rest of the time its blow-dried and straightened to within and inch of its life. My saviour is this L'oreal Elvive damage care, repairing serum for split ends.

 Organic Young SPF 15 face suncream is another one packed with all sorts of natural ingrediants. Great for oily combination skin like mine, it offers great protection, has a mild lavender scent and isn't the usual greasy suncream consistency.

 With super frequent visits to the beach, this Mark Hill Cover Up protection spray is a must! It offers a great level of protection for your hair to stop it from drying out with all that sea, sun and sand.

With summer coming to end, I have plenty of time to find some new products ready for testing next year.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering about that L'Oreal serum, I'll have to pick a bottle up. And that shade of polish by Gosh looks perfect. I'm off to google where I can buy some :)

    ReplyDelete

comments are greatly appreciated!!