Monday 23 July 2012

dream a little dream

When I was little I wasn't one of these kids that dreams of being this or that when they grow up. I was perfectly content being a kid, playing in the back garden and standing on a stool in the kitchen to help my mum bake cookies. 

In fact, growing up I was never preoccupied with dreaming about what life would hold later on; I think my whole approach was more concerned with organising the here and now rather than dreaming about what the future could possibly hold. 

I never dreamt about going to university, I never dreamt about my dream job, the perfect family or any of those "normal" things. And I sure didn't dream about moving to Cyprus with my boyfriend and starting our own life together [well maybe I dreamt about living on a Mediterranean island but who doesn't]. 

source

It may sound harsh and cold but in such a fast paced world, dreaming about stuff that might never happen, that might be altered within a split second by an event you could never imagine, seems like a waste of time. Don't get me wrong, just because I don't dream doesn't mean I dont have ambition or drive. On the contrary, there are things I want to achieve, places I want to visit, activities I want to do, but all are within somewhat realistic reach. 

For me dreaming is reserved only for sleep, its something that turns up unrealistic scenarios and lets you play out fantasies in your mind. Until you wake and the real world comes knocking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!