Saturday 23 June 2012

a week comes and goes

Here I sit on the balcony on a sunny saturday morning drinking cold coffee watching the ice cubes melt before i've even taken a sip. While we had a random thunderstorm yesterday that saw a monsoon fall from the sky, thunder like drums beating in the sky and  winds which brought a sense of cool to the city....the sun is back today and its HOT. Hence why ice cubes dont last very long. 

This we has been a busy one which I think attributed to that fact that its already the weekend. The big brother arrived last Saturday for a few days of fun in the sun and it was so refreshing and warming to see him. While I only went home to London about a month ago for a short weekend, I never got a chance to spend any "proper and meaningful" time with him. But him coming here meant he was totally free to be my big brother again. More on this later. 

I think my body is adjusting more to the sweaty heat of Cyprus and I am feeling a positive summer vibe recently, mainly because more visitors will be arriving over the coming months, more beach trips will be occuring, more wonderful fresh fruits will come into my life, like fresh apricots and watermelon and more heat means more opportunity to consume ice cream! Well it would be rude not to really. 

And going back to my theory that sunshine makes the world a better place, well it certainly seems to be working for my attitude and mood. And my eye is picking up on everything fresh, clean and summer infused. 


source

source

source

source

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!