Saturday 1 January 2011

Challenging Taboo

The Nowness website is a recent discovery for me and I am thrilled to have found it. A mix of fashion, photography, music, art, culture appeals to all my senses and inclinations. And today, after a New Years Day stroll, I have been trawling the archive where I found this. Photographer Prabuddha Dasgupta - a regular in Indian Vogue - and his images of Lakshmi Menon; partner, muse and one of the most successful models to emerge from southeas Asia. Taking influence from India's sensual past, Dasgupta has challenged modern day taboo's, publishing a book of nudes, in 1996 entitled Women. The images portray their relationship across several geographical locations personal to them.

“It’s very private, but it’s just a part of our lives. It’s something I don’t think about anymore because it comes very naturally to us both." [Menon comments]

http://www.nowness.com/day/2010/3/22/481/from-india-with-love









images from nowness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!