Tuesday 12 January 2010

a bit of a reassurance......

I don't know how some people do it. Manage to pull off the "I have an amazing outfit and dont need a coat look" [while im freezing cold] in these Arctic conditions, with little more than a jacket for protection against these unpredictable elements. Meanwhile I'm skidding down the street [absolutely wearing my thermals in this weather] in coats, hats, mittens and a chunky knitted scarf wrapped round so tight and pulled up so high my eyelashes are the only thing on show. I work in an area known for it's fashionable ladies and its well dressed mummy's [even with a screaming toddler in tow] and while designer stores are abundant, I would still like some peace of mind that I'm not the only crazed one who has forsaken fashion and opted for non slip super grip shoes and warm knits that shield my face from the wind chill sweeping the country. 


image from getty images 

And here is my reassurance, coming from one of my favourite columnists for the Guardian. It's nice to know im not alone. January is the month for warm and cosy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!